Updated: Tuesday, January 24, 2023
Looking for natural immunity support? Make it delicious with this garlic-infused honey recipe. Raw honey is high in antioxidants and is a natural antibacterial and antifungal. Likewise, garlic has nutritional healing properties and is proven to help reduce cholesterol and blood pressure. Best of all–this recipe is simple to make and easy to incorporate into any dish!
- Raw honey (this can be found at your local grocery store or farmer’s market)
- Three heads of garlic
- An airtight jar (this can be a mason jar or a repurposed glass jar)
- Start by peeling the garlic cloves and adding them into the clean glass jar.
- Fully submerge the garlic cloves in raw honey.
- Cover the jar with the air tight lid and label with the package date.
- Periodically flip your jar over, flipping it back, and then opening the lid.
- Enjoy for 6-12 months.
Make sure to store in a cool, dark place such as your pantry or kitchen counter. Make sure that you’re burping the garlic by turning it over every so often while it sits and opening the jar to release some of its gasses. You’ll know it’s ready to use once the honey becomes thin and liquidy. You can enjoy this recipe as a garlic substitute, or enjoy by the spoonful!
- Balances and supports the immune system
- Supports healthy blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- Great for seasonal transitions
- Supports a healthy liver
- Reduces inflammatory response