Updated: Tuesday, January 24, 2023
Are you a lover of honey? Make it even more delicious with this garlic-infused recipe. Raw honey is high in antioxidants and is a natural antibacterial and antifungal. Likewise, garlic has nutritional healing properties. Best of all, this recipe is simple and easy to make!
- Raw honey (this can be found at your local grocery store or farmer’s market)
- Three heads of garlic
- An airtight jar (this can be a mason jar or a repurposed glass jar)
- Start by peeling the garlic cloves and adding them into the clean glass jar.
- Fully submerge the garlic cloves in raw honey.
- Cover the jar with the air tight lid and label with the package date.
- Periodically flip your jar over, flipping it back, and then opening the lid.
- Enjoy for 6-12 months.
Make sure to store in a cool, dark place such as your pantry or kitchen counter. Make sure that you’re burping the garlic by turning it over every so often while it sits and opening the jar to release some of its gasses. You’ll know it’s ready to use once the honey becomes thin and liquidy. You can enjoy this recipe as a garlic substitute, or enjoy by the spoonful!