No-Bake Pumpkin Protein Bites
Pumpkin season has arrived! These no-bake pumpkin energy bites are easy to make, oh so tasty, and filled to the brim with protein and digestive herbs like cinnamon and ginger. These are perfect for a quick snack whether it be for school, in-between meals, or for an energy boost before a workout.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup Flavor and Fettle Vanila Plant-Based Protein Powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger (optional but delicious!)
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt or to taste
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree not pie filling!
- ¼ cup nut butter of your choice*
- ¼ cup pitted dates or 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Optional: ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- Add cashews and oats to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped - if using dates you can add them at this stage too.
- Add your cashew mixture and the rest of the ingredients to a mixing bowl, and mix until combined. The dough should stick to itself easily.
- Roll into 2 tbsp, or 1 inch, balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Stick in the fridge for at least 30 minutes and enjoy!
- Store energy balls in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 week or freezer for 3 months.
- If your dough is too dry, you can add a little more nut butter or ½ tbsp of melted coconut oil to help moisten the mixture back up.
- If dough is too wet, add in 1 tbsp of oats.
- If you happen to be allergic to nuts, don’t fret, this recipe is still for you. Substitute the ¼ cup nut butter for ¼ cup flaxseed + 4 tbsp water, but make sure to premix before it adding to your mixture.